Type Hike is a collaborative non-profit design project that celebrates and supports the outdoors though typography. It was created by David Rygiol and James Louis Walker. The project was born from the belief that all designers are obligated to use their talent and ability to make the word a more beautiful place.
100% of the profits from the shop will be donated to the National Park Foundation. Depending on the specific purchase, the amount donated is between 50%-70%.
Here is a look at the project's milestones:
- Type Hike's inaugural series NPS 100 launched
- Successful incorporation as a 501c3 Non-Profit
- $5,000 Donated to the National Park Foundation
- NPS 100 series added to the permanent collection of the Library of Congress
- Series 2: SHORES launching May 1
October 2016 by John Brownlee
February 2017 by Casey Callahan