Summer 2017 Board Report
Happy Summer, fellow board members!
This report is a quick update on the past two months and a look ahead to our first annual meeting in August. We'll send out another reminder in July to make sure everyone is able to attend - both attendance and enjoyment are mandatory. :|
Type Hike's first Annual meeting
When / Sunday, August 6th @ high noon
Where / The Bhive - 4661 Maryland Ave, St. Louis, MO 63108 (enter via the humidor staircase next to Brennan's)
What / Lunch & Friendship
Please email David if you have any food allergies, preferences, or annoying dislikes.
April - May Review
The past two months have been focused on launching Shores and kicking off Alphabeast.
Here are some of the milestones from the past two months:
- Shores launched May 1
- Alphabeast designers selected and design phase begun.
- Third generation 12x18 poster shippers implemented, reducing returns-due-to-damage to near zero
- Exhibitions at Poler Laguna & The Southern Gallery in Charleston.
- Posters features in displays in 93 REI stores nationwide.
- Sales campaign with Touch of Modern completed with moderate results.
- First campaign with Huckberry completed with great results.
- Printed three more 24x36 posters from NPS 100 and Shores: Mammoth Cave, Hawaii Volcanoes, Canaveral
- 9 designs from NPS 100 created by St. Louis designers included in the St. Louis AIGA show.
June - July Preview
The next two months will be focused on preparing Alphabeast for launch. Here is a look at some of the upcoming projects during this two month period:
- Exhibition planned at the Chicago Design Museum in June-September, UofL and Austin in August
- Jim speaking at TypeCon in August
- Partnership begun with Defenders of Wildlife as the charitable partner for Alphabeast
- Partnership with Topo Designs - currently discussing how we could best collaborate to make something cool
- Partnership with Wander in the West for a summer-long exhibition/market that will rove all of the western states over the summer
- Partnership started with Parks Project to do something cool together
- Potential Partnership with Patagonia - still in the wooing phase
- Trademarking Type Hike name and logo
- David and Nina continue planning for potential biannual publication, Redline
- Testing new flat shippers for 24x36 prints
- Switching postcards from individual sales to packs only